Optima Bank & Trust, a locally owned full service bank with branches in Portsmouth, North Hampton, Stratham, Pease and Bedford along with a loan office in Dover is hiring for a Commercial Credit Analyst to join its team in the Seacoast. We are an award winning fast paced entrepreneurial company. At Optima Bank & Trust you’ll find a culture that promotes individual growth and teamwork while keeping focused on how to best serve our customers.
Seeking an individual with a strong, solid core of credit skills to evaluate the creditworthiness of current and prospective customers, and to assist management, lending officers and loan approval committees in the loan decision process.
- Prepare timely and insightful commercial loan offerings for a diverse, complex and sophisticated portfolio of Commercial and Industrial, Commercial Real Estate and Individual lending customers.
- Conduct a comprehensive analysis of a borrower’s and/or guarantor’s financial information in a manner which clearly and concisely identifies both risk and opportunity. The underlying credit analyses will, at all times, be complete, accurate and in compliance with the Bank’s loan policy.
- Analyze borrower’s balance sheet, income statement and cash flow, as well as collateral pledged, utilizing financial statements, tax returns, personal financial statements, agings, appraisals and other pertinent information.
- Complete industry analysis.
- Assist the Senior Credit Officer in coordinating the preparation of the Officers’ Loan Committee and Board of Director’s Loan Committee packages.
- Serve as backup to the recording secretary for the purpose of taking minutes at the Officers’ Loan Committee meetings.
- Participate in client meetings at the bank and on site, as needed.
- Assist the Senior Credit Officer with special projects on an as-needed basis.
- Perform other Credit and Loan Department duties as necessary to meet customer and department workload requirements.
- As applicable, ensure compliance with the Bank’s BSA Program, which includes BSA, Anti-Money Laundering, Customer Identification Program (CIP), Customer Due Diligence (CDD), Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD), On-going activity monitoring, Currency Transaction Reporting (CTR) and Suspicious Activity Reporting (SAR). Successfully and promptly fulfill all associated periodic training requirements as established by the Bank.
The ability to work as an integral team member is crucial, as is the ability to work within tight timeframes and balance several projects at one time.
- Recommend to the Senior Credit Officer any procedural changes in the commercial loan underwriting process to enhance productivity and maintain regulatory compliance; preparing policy and procedure changes and provide staff training as necessary to implement approved changes.
- Meet or exceed established objectives and performance standardsProvide prompt, professional and courteous service to all clients, staff and vendors.
- Remain abreast of all SBA regulations and requirementsActively participate in community organizations and events, representing the bank in the community.
- Actively participate in industry trade group meetings and educational programs to remain abreast of current issues and requirements affecting Bank loan operations.
- Perform other duties as required within the definition of the job description.
- Stay up to date on compliance and regulatory changes pertaining to commercial lending.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or finance and/or equivalent work experience.
- 2 to 5 years progressively more responsible experience in all aspects of commercial credit analysis.
- Computer literacy, with specific experience in word processing, excel spreadsheet, loan origination and tracking system applications.
Must possess a valid driver’s license, be able to drive, have the use of a serviceable automobile that is properly registered with adequate liability insurance as required by state law.Optima Bank & Trust offers competitive salary and a generous benefits package including; health, dental, life, disability, 401K, paid time off, an employee assistance program and paid holidays.
We invite you to find out just how different employment can be when you work at Optima Bank & Trust.
Optima Bank & Trust does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation, Veteran's status or national origin.