Provides assistance in the administration of granting credit and collection of accounts due the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Processes new customer credit applications, and researches customers' financials, organizational and payment history utilizing credit reference letters and credit reports.
- Maintains credit history file on all accounts.
- Prepares and sends Accounts Receivable past due dunning notices. Follows up as necessary with telephone calls and/or written communications. Logs all activity in individual customer files in system.
- Provides the customer, upon request, copies of source documentation (i.e., invoice, ticket/manifest copies, etc.), and takes responsibility for the explanation of billed amounts to the customer's satisfaction in order to expedite payment from the customer.
- Reviews daily cash receipts.
- Prepares accounts for 3rd party action and recommends accounts for write-off.
- Performs daily reconciliation of misapplied cash, duplicate payments, refunds, etc.
- Transmits available credit experience information on selected customers to approved credit group agencies.
- Responds to credit inquiries received from other vendors of an established customer.
- Prepares and submits various accounts receivable reports, such as accounts receivable statistics (DSO), aged accounts receivable, and days sales outstanding.
- Associate's Degree, or equivalent experience, in Accounting, Business Administration or similar area of study, and one to three years previous experience.
- Preferred: Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent experience, in Accounting, Business Administration or similar area of study, and one to three years previous experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in oral and written communications; is customer driven; displays initiative; accepts responsibility; holds others accountable; participates in team effectiveness.
- Thinks and acts analytically; makes sound decisions to support the mission; applies knowledge and skill to solve problems and respond promptly, appropriately and constructively to team members.
At Wheelabrator Technologies, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Req Num: 17-118
Wheelabrator Technologies is the second largest U.S. energy-from-waste business, and is an industry leader in the conversion of everyday residential and business waste into clean energy. Wheelabrator has a platform of 20 power-producing assets across the U.S. and U.K.--16 energy-from-waste facilities, four independent power plants as well as four ash monofills and three transfer stations. Wheelabrator has an annual waste processing capacity of over 7.5 million tons, and a total combined electric generating capacity of 853 megawatt--enough energy to power more than 805,000 homes. Wheelabrator also recovers metals for recycling into commercial products. The company's vision To develop, deliver and realize the potential of clean energy speaks to Wheelabrator's ongoing commitment to the development of clean energy solutions for its customers and local communities.
Wheelabrator is owned by Energy Capital Partners, an energy-focused private equity firm. For more on Energy Capital Partners, please visit www.ecpartners.com. For more on Wheelabrator, please visit www.wtienergy.com.