Optima Bank & Trust, a locally owned full service bank with branches in Portsmouth, North Hampton, Stratham, Pease and Bedford with a loan office in Dover is hiring a Loan Operations Specialist for its downtown Portsmouth location.
We are an award-winning, fast-paced, entrepreneurial company. At Optima Bank & Trust you’ll find a culture that promotes individual growth and teamwork while keeping focused on how to best serve our customers.
This position is responsible for accurately performing various loan operational tasks in accordance with applicable rules and regulations, while providing exceptional customer service to both internal and external customers, thereby contributing to departmental, and bank-wide, strategic goals and objectives.
- Monitor, track and ensure regulatory compliance as it pertains to flood insurance monitoring & tracking, escrow processing to include; disbursements and annual analysis, and Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI) tracking & annual notifications.
- Investor reporting and remitting to include; payment processing for sold loans and participation loans, reporting monthly status of sold loans to investors, set-up of participation and sold loans on the 20/20 core system.
- Provide exceptional customer service to both internal and external customers by responding to inquiries, processing loan transactions, providing payoff quotes, processing renewals/modifications etc.
- Ensure the integrity of the 20/20 core system by reviewing file maintenance, parameter maintenance, adjustable rate changes etc.
- Provide back-up and support to the second Loan Operations Specialist by boarding loans, performing quality control reviews, responding to inquiries, insurance tracking etc.
- Assume additional responsibilities as requested to meet customer, departmental and bank-wide workloads, goals and objectives.
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Monitor and ensure regulatory compliance in all loan operational areas to include; Flood Insurance, Homeowners Protection Act, Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act and any other applicable mortgage servicing rules and regulations.
Ensure compliance with the Bank’s BSA Program, which includes BSA, Anti-Money Laundering, Customer Identification Program (CIP), Customer Due Diligence (CDD), Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD), Currency Transaction Reporting (CTR) and Suspicious Activity Reporting (SAR). Successfully and promptly completing all associated periodic training requirements as established by the Bank.
Requires the ability to maintain physical condition and stamina in conjunction with assigned duties and responsibilities, which may include sitting and standing for extended periods of time, operating office equipment and other duties as assigned. Driver’s license required.
- Two to five years’ experience working in the loan operations area preferred, but not required.
- Computer literacy, with specific experience using Word, Excel and Microsoft Outlook and loan servicing core systems.
Optima Bank & Trust offers competitive salary and a generous benefits package including; health, dental, life, disability, 401K matching program, paid time off, an employee assistance program and paid holidays.
We invite you to find out just how different employment can be when you work at Optima Bank & Trust.
Optima Bank & Trust does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation, Veteran's status or national origin.