Optima Bank & Trust, a locally owned full service bank with branches in Portsmouth, North Hampton, Stratham, Pease and Bedford with a loan office in Dover is hiring a Mortgage Loan Coordinator for its downtown Portsmouth location.
We are an award-winning, fast-paced, entrepreneurial company. At Optima Bank & Trust you’ll find a culture that promotes individual growth and teamwork while keeping focused on how to best serve our customers.
This position is responsible for being the primary liaison between our borrowers and the bank/loan team. Also responsible for the tracking and follow-up of crucial points in the mortgage application process, such as disclosure dates, closing dates and the receipt of items such as appraisals and title work in adherence to bank and regulatory compliance.
- Act as the primary liaison between the borrower and the loan team by contacting borrowers early in the application process to explain expectations and standards, as well as follow-up on missing documentation such as insurance binders, financial information and any other closing conditions and requirements.
- Track and follow-up on crucial trigger points throughout the application process to ensure compliance deadlines are met, disclosures are returned, appraisals and other items are ordered and received timely and closing deadlines are met.
- Provide administrative support to the Mortgage Loan Processors by ordering flood determinations, processing appraisal checks, ordering verifications, producing commitment letters and scheduling closings.
- Perform post-closing reviews of closing packages to ensure accuracy and delivery of all applicable documents and disclosures and identifying any document deficiencies, updating reports as necessary.
- Assume additional responsibilities as requested to meet customer, departmental and bank-wide workloads, goals and initiatives.
Strong customer service skills and the ability to multi-task are necessary.
Remain abreast of all regulations and requirements including, but not limited to Reg. Z, RESPA, HOEPA and ensure compliance with the Bank’s BSA Program, which includes BSA, Anti-Money Laundering, Customer Identification Program (CIP), Customer Due Diligence (CDD), Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD), On-going activity monitoring, Currency Transaction Reporting (CTR), Suspicious Activity Reporting (SAR).
Requires the ability to maintain physical condition and stamina in conjunction with assigned duties and responsibilities, which may include sitting and standing for extended periods of time, operating office equipment and other duties as assigned. Driver’s license required.
- College degree (four year program) or equivalent work experience
- One to two years’ experience in lending and/or banking environment. Loan origination and tracking systems application preferred, but not required.
- Computer literacy, with specific experience using Word, Excel and Microsoft Outlook. Loan origination and tracking systems application preferred, but not required.
Optima Bank & Trust offers competitive salary and a generous benefits package including; health, dental, life, disability, 401K matching program, paid time off, an employee assistance program and paid holidays.
We invite you to find out just how different employment can be when you work at Optima Bank & Trust.
Optima Bank & Trust does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation, Veteran's status or national origin.