Optima Bank & Trust, a locally owned, full-service bank with branches in Portsmouth, North Hampton, Stratham, Pease, Bedford and a loan office in Dover, is hiring a Mortgage Loan Supervisor in our Portsmouth office. We are an award-winning, fast-paced entrepreneurial company. At Optima Bank & Trust you’ll find a culture that promotes individual growth and teamwork while keeping focused on how to best serve our customers.
This position monitors the daily workflow of the mortgage loan processing area and works directly with the lenders and underwriters, as well as processing staff, to ensure accuracy of documentation and timely closings, providing a positive closing experience to our borrowers, thereby contributing to departmental, and bank-wide, goals and strategic objectives.
- Provide supervision and oversight to the mortgage loan processing area by monitoring daily workflow, performing annual performance evaluations, conduct monthly coaching sessions, and assess the need for, and provide, additional training to direct reports.
- Work directly with the mortgage processors, lenders and underwriters and third party vendors to accurately and timely prepare and review loan disclosures & documentation, order title work, appraisals & flood determinations, and oversee client files by coordinating the scanning and following up of deficiency items.
- Monitor and ensure regulatory compliance as it pertains to the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA), TILA/RESPA, Flood insurance etc., and for being personally knowledgeable of all aspects of Federal and State regulations which pertain to the mortgage lending function.
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external customers, as well as participate in community events, to represent the Bank in our community in a positive manner.
- Assume additional responsibilities as requested to meet customer, departmental and bank-wide workloads, goals and objectives.
Remain abreast of, and ensure compliance with, the Bank’s BSA Program, which includes BSA, Anti-Money Laundering, Customer Identification Program (CIP), Customer Due Diligence (CDD), Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD), On-going activity monitoring, Currency Transaction Reporting (CTR), Suspicious Activity Reporting (SAR) TILA-RESPA Integrated Disclosure (TRID), Truth in Lending (TILA) and Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) and Flood Disaster Protection.
Successfully and promptly fulfill all associated periodic training requirements as established by the Bank.
Requires the ability to maintain physical condition and stamina in conjunction with assigned duties and responsibilities, which may include sitting and standing for extended periods of time, operating office equipment and other duties as assigned. Driver’s license required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or finance and/or equivalent work experience.
- Two to five years’ experience in mortgage loan processing and documentation and supervision.
- Computer literacy, with specific experience using Word, Excel and Microsoft Outlook and loan origination and tracking system applications.
Optima Bank & Trust offers competitive salary and a generous benefits package including; health, dental, life, disability, 401K, paid time off, an employee assistance program and paid holidays.
We invite you to find out just how different employment can be when you work at Optima Bank & Trust.
Optima Bank & Trust does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation, Veteran's status or national origin.