The Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing maintenance at the property in accordance with company standards. The purpose of this position is to help ensure that the physical condition of the property satisfies ownership and management objectives. In addition to aiding the maintenance supervisor with general duties, this position requires that the individual be available to respond to emergency maintenance repairs after normal working hours.
- Provides general maintenance, cleaning and repair for the community.
- Duties include, but, are not limited to, cleaning, painting, interior/exterior decorating and maintenance, lawn care, snow-removal, replacement of lights, plumbing, electrical work, roof repairs, HVAC system maintenance, appliance evaluation and repair, relocation of furniture/fixtures, etc.
- Responds to all resident request service calls as directed by the Superintendent.
- Transports electrical and gas appliances to the units, as required.
- Regularly assess the property for safety and loss prevention.
- Repairs and fabricates window and door screens, and frames.
- Removes and repairs damaged drywall, floor tile, sheet vinyl, ceramic floor tile and plywood as directed.
- Safely operates power blowers or brooms to remove leaves and debris from sidewalks, and driveways.
- Provide outstanding customer service in accordance with company’s Guiding Principles.
- When assigned by the Superintendent, schedule and oversee that all vendor work is completed properly.
- Available to respond to emergency maintenance repairs, after normal working hours, and able to respond back to the property within 60 minutes of receiving notification.
- When required, be available to respond to weather and environmental related emergencies, such as snow storms, hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, and fires.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all residents, families, visitors, vendors and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must have at least 1 years of experience in Maintenance Field
- Must have a current vehicle license in good standing and meet the driving records standards outlined in the Company Safe Vehicular Operations Policy.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Candidate must flexible and be able to work rotating on-call schedule and overtime and weekends if necessary.
Founded in 1971, WinnCompanies is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and encourages diversity within the workplace. Nearly half of our workforce is comprised of women or minorities. In addition to training and recognition programs to help you succeed, we offer competitive Health, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance benefits, and a generous 401(k) plan.