The Loan Originator (LO) is responsible for originating their own sales by contacting prospective clients and by developing and maintaining referral sources. The LO spends significant time out of the office conducting sales calls, meeting with borrowers and attending closings. The LO has flexibility in setting their working hours as well as scheduling the tasks performed in a work day. The LO is compensated on a commission only basis.
- Principal duty is the origination of mortgage loans.
- Generates referral business, leads and relationships with individuals.
- Conducts sales calls, attends realtor sales meeting, functions and trainings.
- Takes thorough and complete loan applications; analyzes and prequalifies applicant information to determine viability of the client’s desired loan program.
- Pulls credit, analyzes credit, and compares for accuracy with the mortgage borrower’s statements
- Corrects inaccuracies and determines correct loan options for the borrower based upon the applicant’s present situation, future plans and preferred loan product.
- Provides guidance and information relevant to the risks and benefits of each program the applicant is qualified for.
- Effectively explains and communicates the terms of each product and ensures all documents necessary are signed by the borrower.
- Gathers all initial documentation required based upon the applicant’s selected loan program including disclosure requirements.
- Provides loan package to the loan processor for review, stacking and pre-submission audit.
- Works with the loan processor to provide any letters of explanation, or additional documentation as necessary and required by underwriting to clear all conditions and close each loan.
- Maintains a working file for the office as required for compliance.
- Acts as a liaison for all parties to the transaction, i.e. buyer, seller, realtor, builder, title company, appraiser, credit vendors, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Thorough understanding of mortgage products, pricing and guidelines.
- Up to date understanding of all regulatory compliance and participate in various required trainings Merrimack Mortgage provides.
- Ability to take accurate and thorough loan applications
- Possess a working knowledge of credit reports, DTI, LTV, and CLTV ratios
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and outstanding customer service is critical to success
- Ability to create, implement and adapt a market penetration strategy for lead development, prospect to client conversion, and client to close conversion.
- Ability to self source business through sales activities including cold calling, appointment setting, and group presentations.
- Ability to create marketing systems to source new business as well as keep in touch with existing clients, realtors, builders, etc.
- Experience with Gmail, Google Docs, Kingsoft Office and other similar software preferred.
- NMLS Licensed Loan Originators that meet state licensing requirements in each state they plan to do business in.
- A minimum 1 year of Mortgage Origination experience is required
While performing the responsibilities of this position, the employee is required to effectively communicate verbally. The employee must be able to effectively operate a keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with arms and hands and occasionally lift and/or move up to 10-15 pounds. Vision abilities is required by this job include close vision.
The requirements outlined above are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skill and ability of this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform essential job functions