Optima Bank & Trust, a locally owned, full-service bank with branches in Portsmouth, North Hampton, Stratham, Pease and Bedford with a loan office in Dover and a future branch in Dover, is hiring for a Mortgage Loan Originator in the Bedford branch.
The Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) proactively solicits new residential mortgage business and sells Optima Bank & Trust mortgage products to meet established loan quality and production goals.
In this on-going sales role, the Mortgage Loan Originator continually identifies, develops and maintains a quality network of business relationships that serves as a recurring source of referrals for new mortgage lending opportunities. A Mortgage Loan Originator’s network may consist of Real Estate professionals, Builders, professional and personal contacts, as well as other valuable referral sources, and is enhanced by the Mortgage Loan Originator’s regular participation in business related development opportunities, community efforts to promote homeownership and professional organizations.
The MLO responds to customer inquiries and referrals that are generated from their own contacts. The MLO conducts interviews with prospective borrowers in order to analyze financial and credit data, determine customer financing objectives, advise customers of product/pricing policies and guidelines, and gather any additional required information. The MLO ensures exceptional customer service by maintaining thorough knowledge of lending programs, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements, demonstrating a commitment to professional ethics, complying with all Federal and State compliance policies and adhering to HMDA requirements.
- Develops and maintains successful relationships with business referral sources and existing and prospective Optima Bank & Trust clients.
- Prospects new mortgage lending opportunities.
- Meets with customers as necessary during various stages of the loan process.
- Utilizes Optima Bank & Trust training materials, reference tools and other resources to provide accurate and up-to-date loan program/policy information to both external customers and internal business partners.
- Provides complete loan applications to the Loan Administration department.
- Ensures exceptional customer experience by overseeing loan process from origination to close and providing on-going communication to customers and business partners.
- Achieves production goals as established by Optima Bank & Trust.
Optima Bank & Trust offers competitive salary and a generous benefits package including; health, dental, life, disability, 401K, paid time off, an employee assistance program and paid holidays.
We invite you to find out just how different employment can be when you work at Optima Bank & Trust.
Optima Bank & Trust does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation, Veteran's status or national origin.