Children’s Museum of New Hampshire
Contact: Neva Cole, Communications Director
6 Washington Street
Dover, NH 03820
9th Annual PizzaFest Winners
(Dover, NH / November 4, 2017)
– On Saturday, November 4, pizza fans of all ages descended on the Children’s Museum of New Hampshire to taste-test and vote for their favorite regional pizza. The museum’s 9th
annual PizzaFest, sponsored by D.F. Richard with additional support from Smuttynose Brewing Company, was a big success, raising funds for the museum’s programs and events.
The 2017 PizzaFest participants were judged by three judges: Three Sisters Cake Shop owner/decorator Katie Morris, The Kitchen Restaurant Group owner/chef Michael Prete, and Louie’s sous chef Marty Rumley.
9th Annual PizzaFest Award Winners:
KID’S CHOICE: Papa Gino’s of Dover
KID’S CHOICE 1st
Runner Up: Papa Jay’s Pizzeria
GROWN UP’S CHOICE: La Festa Brick & Brew Pizzeria
PEOPLE’S CHOICE MOST CREATIVE TOPPINGS: Strafford House of Pizza
PEOPLE’S CHOICE MOST CREATIVE TOPPINGS 1st
Runner Up: Kendall Pond Pizza II
JUDGES’ BEST: Embers Bakery
- Our judges noted the wood-fired sourdough crust and delicious toppings that earned this pizza top honors.
JUDGES’ BEST CHEESE: La Festa Brick & Brew Pizzeria
- Our judges called this the best traditional cheese pizza around.
JUDGES’ BEST CRUST: Thirsty Moose Taphouse
- Our judges described this crust as being tender, chewy and flavorful. Everything you want a crust to be!
JUDGES’ MOST CREATIVE TOPPINGS: Kendall Pond Pizza II
- Our judges applauded the breakfast pizza, buffalo pineapple pizza and dessert pizzas!
JUDGES’ SPECIAL AWARD – WHITE PIZZA: Terra Cotta Pasta Company
- Our judges were all obsessed with this pizzeria’s white pizza – calling it “phenomenal.”
The Children’s Museum would like to thank all 8 restaurants for their participation and donations of time and pizza: Embers Bakery, Kendall Pond Pizza II, La Festa Brick & Brew Pizzeria, Papa Gino’s of Dover, Papa Jay’s Pizzeria, Strafford House of Pizza, Terra Cotta Pasta Company, and Thirsty Moose Taphouse. Thank you also to Roy Sullivan from 98.7 The Bay for providing music and entertainment.
About the Children’s Museum of New Hampshire
The not-for-profit Children’s Museum of New Hampshire is located at 6 Washington Street in Dover and offers two levels of hands-on, interactive exhibits for children from newborn to middle school. Children can explore a wide range of subjects, from dinosaurs, music and aeronautics to world cultures, art and natural history. Open year-round, the Silver LEED-certified museum specializes in creating memorable family learning experiences and works closely with schools, social service agencies and educators. The museum also hosts a variety of live performances, workshops, classes and special events for families. For more information, please call the museum at (603) 742-2002
or visit www.childrens-museum.org