The Chamber Collaborative of Greater Portsmouth Elects New Board MembersAugust 18, 2017
The Annual Membership Meeting for the Chamber Collaborative of Greater Portsmouth was held at the TYCO Visitors Center at Strawbery Banke Museum on Thursday, August 17th. On the agenda was a discussion of the success of fiscal year 2017 for the Chamber Collaborative and the election of officers and new Board members to the Board of Directors.
In his last actions as outgoing Board Chair, Doug Macdonald of Keane & Macdonald thanked Board members, President Valerie Rochon, and the Chamber staff, and highlighted the work the organization has undergone this past year to maintain financial integrity, refocus its programs, celebrate is 100th anniversary, create a strategic plan, and rebranded itself.
Following his remarks, the 2017 – 2018 officers were voted in:
- Board Chair - John Akar, Owner & General Manager, Cava Tapas & Wine Bar
- Vice Chair - John Crisp, Vice President, Federal Savings Bank
- Treasurer, Janette Desmond, Owner, Kilwins Chocolate, Fudge & Ice Cream Shoppe
The three officers will be joined on the organization’s Executive Committee by Doug Macdonald as the Past Chair.
Following the election of officers, outgoing Board members were thanked for their service:
- Tim Dabrieo, Waddell & Reed
- Mark Galvin, New England Innovation Center
- Steve Marchand, SRM Consulting
- Ken Murphy, Coughlin, Rainboth, Murphy & Lown (Chair FY16)
- Michael O'Shaughnessy, Wentworth By the Sea
New Board members were elected and welcomed by the new Chair:
- Monte Bohanan, Director of Marketing & Communications, The Music Hall
- Lisa Gainty, Vice President, Store Manager, TD Bank
- Tara Meulenbroek, Project Lead, Talent Management, Lonza Biologics
- Dagan Migirditch, Co-Owner, Liars Bench Beer Co.
- Michelle Nadeau, Senior Manager, Communications & Community Engagement, Wheelabrator Technologies
- Carlos Quinones, Area Director of Sales, Colwen Hotels, Portsmouth
“We are delighted to welcome this amazing group of individuals to our Board. They each bring extensive experience and represent industries that are important to our community’s success, which will complement the existing industry knowledge and talent of the current Board members,” shared Valerie Rochon, Chamber Collaborative President.
In addition to the election, Ben VanCamp, VP of What’s Next at the Chamber Collaborative, informed the group of the new Chamber programs which will be launched in the coming months. “All of these programs are being done collaboratively with other community groups,” mentioned VanCamp. “These educational programs will be on a variety of subjects and will vary from book clubs to networking groups.”
New board member Lisa Gainty mentioned that she is excited for “being at the heart of what’s going on in the business world.”
Left to right: Michelle Nadeau, Lisa Gainty, Dagan Migirditch, Tara Meulenbroek, Monte Bohanan, and Carlos QuinonesContact:Valerie Rochon, President(603) 610-5517