The Chamber Collaborative of Greater Portsmouth Seeking Visitor Center Coordinator
Visitor Service Coordinator Position Description
The Greater Portsmouth Chamber of Commerce is seeking Visitor Services Coordinator(s), responsible for the Visitor Center and Market Square Kiosk.
Typical duties for the Visitor Services Coordinator are as follows:
The Visitor Services Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Maintain regular hours, including evenings and weekends as necessary, assuring that Visitor Center/Kiosk are adequately staffed and guests have a positive visitor experience.
- Train, coach and mentor Visitor Assistant and volunteer staff as appropriate.
- Respond to visitor, staff and volunteer concerns, complaints and comments as needed.
- Oversee inventory levels for Chamber collateral and member brochures.
- Assist the President and Tourism Coordinator with marketing, outreach and networking, production of the consumer e-newsletter, and membership activities as requested.
- Develop, implement and maintain an on-going volunteer program.
Skills / Requirements
- Providing a visitor friendly environment.
- Professional and conscientious work.
- Ensuring procedures are established, implemented and maintained for the efficient and proper operation of the Visitor Center.
- Maintaining documentation of all inventory.
- Promoting the Visitor Center/Kiosk and its products/services in the local community.
- Ensuring standards for quality, cleanliness, customer service, health and safety are met in the Visitor Center and Kiosk.
- Analyzing data figures and interpret trends to facilitate planning; utilize information technology for data analysis and forward planning.
- Attend Staff Meetings and other functions as assigned.
- Candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Hospitality or other relevant field and two years of customer service experience OR the equivalent combination of experience and/or education and training.
- Have a positive "Can-Do" attitude.
- Have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend complex instructions and correspondence in English. Fluency in French is a plus.
- Ability to analyze programs for effectiveness and efficiency.
- Ability to work a variable schedule based upon the needs of the organization.
- Ability to work with and motivate volunteers.
- Ability to manage and organize multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic math including but not limited to addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages and fractions.
- Must have high proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (primarily word and excel) and Outlook. Knowledge of Chamber Master a plus.
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills and be able to handle sensitive and confidential situations; position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy to effectively communicate with staff, volunteers, vendors and visitors.
- Must have demonstrated attention to details skills.
- Must be able to exercise independent judgment and reasoning skills.
- Candidate must be able to present a professional appearance and demeanor.
- This Visitor Services Coordinator will typically work Monday thru Friday, however this may change based on business needs, with the expectation to work some evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds.
- Must maintain a clean driver’s license and have reliable transportation.