Operations ManagerTake Flight is Maine’s leading Aerial Adventure Course and home of the Seacoast’s first Adventure Zip Line Tour. Our staff is an energetic, experienced group of individuals who make guests’ experiences once in a lifetime.
Take Flight is looking for an Operations Manager to join our dynamic team in Kittery, ME. This senior-level position is perfect for someone looking to manage teams and gain valuable leadership experience. We’re looking for candidates who are hard-working, detail-oriented, multi-tasking, and avid problem solvers. This position provides the opportunity to create and run marketing programs and design and implement business development initiatives. This would be a great position for someone who wants to take ownership of a fast-growing growing program and make it their own. If this sounds like you, you might be a good fit for the position.
This is a full-time, hourly role. Take Flight is open to the public April through October, and the off-season is spent reviewing and honing our programs, advancing marketing initiatives, and preparing for the upcoming season, which includes the hiring of any new staff. Technical training can be provided for those without challenge course knowledge, though priority will be given to candidates with prior experience.
Typical Responsibilities Include:
- Daily management of Take Flight staff
- Holding teams accountable for outstanding guest service and ensuring quality business standards are met
- Coordinating and implementing (delegating as needed) marketing initiatives including social media channel and website upkeep
- Developing creative ways to market Take Flight to the surrounding community and get the business involved in community initiatives
- Implementing training and guidance for staff to maximize efficiency and augment best practices for guest service
- Occasional travel required
Additional details are outlined below, and applications are available at https://takeflightadv.com/employment/
- At least four years of experience working as a manager (Three years is acceptable with challenge course building/training experience)
- Ability to manage and lead of staff of more than thirty people
- Demonstrated ability to work in a deadline-driven, entrepreneurial, relationship-based environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize them appropriately
- High attention to detail with exceptional organizational skills
- Excellent communication and time-management skills
- Quick thinker, problem-solver, with a creative, entrepreneurial approach to business