Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendants greet visitors from all over the world as they arrive at Strawbery Banke, provide information about the museum and Portsmouth, and provide an engaging welcome to all visitors.
Seasonal (May 1 – October 31 with additional hours available for Special Events through mid-December);
Part-Time (hours vary; weekend work required);
Paid Annual training (beginning in April) required.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Serve as an information resource for visitors, providing directions and other assistance as requested;
- Collect parking fees and ensure accurate and secure cash handing;
- Monitor parking lot and assist with traffic flow as needed;
- Provide excellent customer service to deliver an outstanding visitor experience;
- Maintain a professional demeanor; comply with stated personnel policies, cultivate good relations with colleagues; and represent the Museum in a positive light;
- Work punctually on a tightly timed schedule.
- Knowledge of Portsmouth and the surrounding area;
- Excellent public speaking skills and interpersonal abilities;
- Ability to work enthusiastically with audiences of all ages, abilities, and cultural backgrounds;
- Sound judgment in response to challenging situations;
- Positive attitude and ability to build respectful working relationships.
Weekend work is required. Work is outdoors.
Physical stamina sufficient to maintain an attentive posture for several hours, to respond quickly to visitors’ needs, and to otherwise fulfill the requirements of assigned tasks as needed. Some light lifting is required.
For consideration, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please reference the job title in the subject line.