Seasonal Food Ops Manager
Prescott Park Arts Festival, a well-established and dynamic non-profit organization, is looking to hire a seasonal, full time Food Operations Manager for The Prop, our onsite restaurant. This position will join the experienced, award-winning, fun and fast-paced team responsible for organizing this popular summer tradition that offers a diversity of performances from June to October each year. Events include weekly concerts, food and music festivals, Shakespeare, film and a full production musical presentation, and more.
Prescott Park Arts Festival has emerged as a cultural leader in the Seacoast, and reaches nearly 250,000 people through its events, all offered without fixed admission in Portsmouth’s beautiful downtown Prescott Park. The festival’s contribution to the local economy in show and visitor related spending has swelled to $8.5 million annually.
The Food Ops Manager will work to efficiently create interesting and creative food in a fast-paced environment. They will work closely with the City of Portsmouth Health Department and the NH Department of Health and Safety, to ensure food safety guidelines and standards in light of COVID-19 restrictions, are followed for both back of house (BOH) and front of house (FOH).
The Food Ops Manager duties include, but are not limited to:
• Developing/reimagining a menu and delivery process that is consistent with customer demand, COVID-19 protocols and PPAF’s vision.
• Management of Kitchen Staff and Concessions Staff to ensure adherence to established procedures and recipes
• Establish and/or maintain vendor relationships including - confirm pricing on delivery, quality standards, delivery schedules and incoming inspection standards.
• Oversee maintenance standards of kitchen equipment and take steps necessary to ensure all are in good working order.
• Establish and ensure execution of cleanliness, storage and food prep standards meeting the requirements of the City of Portsmouth Health Department and the NH Department of Health and Safety, including the posting of all licensing and permits.
• Train Kitchen Staff on execution of daily prep list to prepare food for that day’s service, recipe review and plating/appearance of food being delivered to customers.
• Lead end of day closing - cleaning processes, proper storage of food, daily sales reports and cash out.
• Monitor sales data - what is selling, what is not, documentation of any waste, customer feedback. With Festival leadership, adjust min/max ordering guide.
• Completing documentation daily to ensure control procedures are followed, delivering accurate production records and effective waste management.
• Assist with Food License and Meals & Tax Operators license applications and to be submitted to the State of NH.
• At the end of the season, analyze waste and sales data to assist in menu development for the next season.
• Other duties as assigned
Skills and Education requirements include, but are not limited to:
• 2-4 years of experience managing a fast-paced kitchen
• Food Safety Certification (training provided upon employment)
• Detail-orientated Manager/team-player, able to work under multiple deadlines
• Experience managing restaurant food safety and cleanliness standards
• Experience supervising vendor relations, ordering and kitchen staff
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
• Experience with Covid-19 protocols and State Guidelines strongly preferred
• ServeSafe/Covid-19 certification ideal
Prescott Park Arts Festival is deeply committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage those with the following identities to apply: Black, local Indigenous, people of color and people with intersecting identities including LGBTQIA+, women and non-binary people, people living with disabilities and others with lived experience being part of marginalized communities.
COMPENSATION: Salary commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to at Hello@prescottpark.org