Gundalow Company - Camp Counselor
SUMMER CAMP LEAD COUNSELOR
Our lead summer camp counselors help to plan and run our growing camp both on the boat and on shore for kids ages 5-15. Lead counselors rotate through leading weekly camp programs and serving as supporting crew on the other weeks. This is an exciting position with opportunities to design and implement your own program ideas.
- A strong environmental ethic, plenty of stamina, flexibility, skill in public speaking, and a positive attitude.
- Marine education, local knowledge, and traditional sail experience are preferred.
- Experience and willingness to work with youth
- Must have or be willing to get CPR/first aid Certification
- Ability to work as a member of a team and the ability to accomplish tasks with little direct supervision.
- Must be available mid-June-August
- Good communication and organization skills
- Must have a launch tenders license or be willing to get a NH commercial boat license
- Help plan, manage and run growing summer camp program for youth ages 5-14 onboard the Gundalow and on shore
- Works closely with the Program Manager, Head Counselor, Captain and crew and to ensure a high quality camp program.
- Manage other camp staff, crew and apprentices during weekly camp program
- Organize, plan and lead a variety of small and large group activities each week. Activities may include crafts, songs, games, etc
Submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.