Gundalow Company - Summer Camp Counselor
SUMMER CAMP LEAD COUNSELOR
Our lead summer camp counselors help to plan and run our growing camp both on the boat and on shore for kids ages 5-15. Starting with training and acting as a supporting counselor to our returning employees, counselors will then be able to lead camps. Lead counselors rotate through leading weekly camp programs and serve as supporting crew on the other weeks. This is an exciting position with a supportive team, and opportunities to design and implement your own program ideas.
- A strong environmental ethic, plenty of enthusiasm, flexibility, skill in public speaking, and a positive attitude.
- Experience and willingness to work with youth
- Must have or be willing to get CPR/first aid Certification
- Ability to work as a member of a team and the ability to accomplish tasks with little direct supervision.
- Must be available mid-June-August. Fall opportunities may be available.
- Good communication and organization skills
- Must be willing to get a NH commercial boat license- cost will be covered by the Gundalow Company, and you will go through on the job training.
- Marine education, local knowledge, or traditional sail experience is a bonus!
- Help plan, manage and run our growing summer camp program for youth ages 5-14 onboard the Gundalow and on shore
- Works closely with the Program Manager, Head Counselor, Captain and crew and to ensure a high quality camp program.
- Manage other camp staff, crew and Counselors in Training (CITs) during weekly camp program
- Organize, plan and lead a variety of small and large group activities each week. Activities may include crafts, songs, games, etc.
About the Gundalow Company:
The Gundalow Company’s mission is to Protect the Piscataqua region’s maritime heritage and environment through education and action. All people have the right to access, enjoy, and learn from the Piscataqua region’s heritage and ecology. We recognize that systemic inequality and exclusion have infringed upon this right.
The Gundalow Company is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy that employees and applicants will not be subjected to unlawful discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran’s status, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state, federal or local laws.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to: