Gundalow Company - Ticket Sales Associate
Gundalow Company, Portsmouth, NH
TICKET SALES AND OUTREACH ASSOCIATE
Gundalow Company seeks a self-motivated, organized, and enthusiastic individual to join our team of 3-4 ticket sales associates. This is a part-time seasonal position with around 20 hours a week available on a very flexible schedule, typically from around noon to 6pm throughout the week. Ideal candidates would be available 2-3 days a week through September, and 12-5pm on weekend days through the end of October.
• Process ticket sales using a tablet and phone at the “podium” by the dock in Prescott Park
• Answer the phone, take care of passengers’ questions
• Facilitate the boarding process, check-in passengers, coordinate boarding time with crew
• Keep track of daily passerby statistics, weather, etc.
• Outgoing, and eager to talk to people by the dock, especially leading to ticket sales
• Ability to “read your audience” – not everyone wants to go sailing!
• Ability to sell tickets on the phone and using the iPad – training provided
• Willingness to learn about the Gundalow Company’s mission and local history
The nonprofit Gundalow Company’s mission is to protect the Piscataqua region’s maritime heritage and environment through education and action. To fulfill our mission, we use a recently built, traditional, wooden gundalow as our floating/sailing classroom for school groups, River Rats Camp, Public sails and private charters.
Pay is $10-12 per hour, 12-20 hours per week
Please contact Andy Goodell at firstname.lastname@example.org, with your interest. A cover letter & resume is ideal, otherwise please provide your recent work experience. Applications accepted until position is filled.