While adjusting to live-streaming some of our patrons may be using certain tech for the first time. Us too! We’re happy to help as best we can.
Here is what you need to know:
- These events are truly live. You will not have access to them before they are recorded for the first time. Many will not be available for replay or rewind. Please be ready to watch live!
- These events require a stable internet connection and a device that is capable of audio and video. If you can watch Youtube videos you can probably watch ours.
- While these are filmed at the theatre, they are not open to the public at the theatre, only online. Please do not come to the theatre. We’ll want to let you in but we can’t.
Our content is streamed through a browser-based video service, Crowdcast, and if you can stream other content like it, odds are you can stream ours. However, there are a number of things that could affect your ability to watch based on hardware and software on your end. Since everyone’s devices are different, and these events are live, we are probably not able to help you troubleshoot, nor will we be able to refund your purchase if a technology issue on your end keeps you from watching.
When you purchase a digital ticket, you will receive a receipt - this is not your ticket. You will receive a separate email from Crowdcast with a link within 24 - 48 hours of your purchase, unless your purchase is the day-of the event. If you purchase your ticket the day of the event, please check your email 1-2 hours before the start time for your registration link. Click on your registration link from Crowdcast and follow prompts to let you in to the show.
You will have time to test your audio and video setup. You can do so with a Youtube link, one of our prior Crowdcasts, or any other browser-based video.
Again: These events are to be live-streamed from your home. While we film at the theatre, the theatre is closed to the public. Please do not come to the theatre. You will be turned away.
Follow our hot tips:
- Ensure you use the same email for purchasing tickets that you use to stream. Do not give fake information or you will not get what you need to stream.
- Ensure your computer is updated to the most recent software.
- Test your setup with other videos before trying ours.
- Ensure you have the time and date correct for the content. Most of our content is live. You will not be able to access it before it streams live for the first time. For some content you will not be able to access it after the live event, just like a theatre performance.
Here are some common ways to put our content on a larger screen:
If your TV is a smart TV, is connected to the internet, and has a browser, simply access the email or ticketing link from that browser.
If your computer has an HDMI output, and your television has an HDMI input, connect the two with an HDMI cable and set your television to the proper HDMI input (there may be multiple).
Thank you again and if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!