Main Street Relief Fund info via WMUR-News
- June16, 2020 - Sununu said 5,466 grants were approved in the program, which aims to compensate businesses for some of their losses during the COVID-19 pandemic. The average grant awarded is nearly $62,000, Sununu said.
- Each grant will cover 17% of a business's losses, the governor said. Grants were capped at $350,000.
- Everyone who applied for a grant will soon get an email explaining whether they will receive the grant and how much they can expect. Sununu said the checks will be cut within the next few days.
- More than 13,000 applications were received for the program, but thousands were found to be ineligible, the governor said. Some businesses were too large, while others were from out of state.
- More than 4,700 applications were disqualified because they came from self-employed individuals, Sununu said. He said the state is working on a program to specifically help self-employed individuals with funds left over from the Main Street fund.