Albacore Park Reopens to the Public with Enhanced Health and Safety Protocols
PORTSMOUTH – Albacore Park, home of the USS ALBACORE (AGSS 569) submarine at 600 Market St., a National Historic Landmark Site and Museum in Portsmouth, is pleased to announce that it will officially reopen its doors in accordance with public health recommendations and guidance on Thursday, July 30, from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Self-guided tours will take place on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. More days may be added in the future. “The health and safety of Albacore’s staff and visitors is the highest priority. COVID-19 has affected all of us and we are very excited to be back at the helm!” said Executive Director, Patricia Violette, “The staff and Board of Directors have all worked very hard to make sure our site is safe for everyone. There are enhanced sanitation measures and environmental health protocols across the museum and grounds that will make visitors feel confident and safe during their visit.”
New policies and procedures include:
- All staff will wear masks. Visitors are also required to wear masks for their protection not only in enclosed spaces but also around the Park.
- New sanitization and cleaning procedures in place before, during, and after visitors arrive. These procedures also include UV disinfecting of all surfaces on the submarine.
- All visitors are required to check in upon arrival to show masks and answer a few short questions.
- Signs, barriers, and directives in the submarine, museum gallery and Visitor Center gift shop will require 6 feet social distancing
- Limited 50% capacity as directed by State of New Hampshire directives.
Admission for adults is $9, children $4, seniors $8, family of four $20 and special group rates are available. Active duty military are always free. For information on hours and admissions, visit their website at www.ussalbacore.org.
Albacore Park, the formal site for the USS Albacore Submarine and museum and home of the Portsmouth Submarine Memorial Association, provides a sprawling park for everyone’s enjoyment. Albacore Park is one of Portsmouth’s most unique historic gems and all are welcome! For information, call 603-436-3680 or visit their Facebook page.