Walking Tour: Gay Old Times: Stories of Portsmouth's LGBTQ+ Community
The hidden history of LGBT clubs, organizations, and people who impacted the Seacoast of NH. Tour guide Tom Kaufhold will take you through Portsmouth for this engaging 75-minute tour. You will pass by many beautiful historic sites and learn some important facts about Portsmouth LGBTQ+ people, places and events, including:
- How UNH and the NH Supreme Court impacted Portsmouth's LGBTQ+ community
- Who is credited with starting the modern day walking tours
- Where the first gay and women's bars were in Portsmouth
- The restaurant credited with starting Portsmouth's restaurant renaissance
- The church that supported two LGBTQ+ organizations for decades.