Walking Tour: Gay Old Times: Stories of Portsmouth's LGBTQ+ Community
Date and Time
Sunday May 9, 2021
2:30 PM - 4:00 PM EDT
2nd Sunday of the month at 2:30pm
Portsmouth Historical Society/Discover Portsmouth
10 Middle St.
Portsmouth, NH 03801
$20 Nonmembers (includes admission to Discover Portsmouth galleries and the John Paul Jones Historic House Museum)
Reserve tickets: https://portsmouthhistory.org/walking-tours/
Robin Lurie Myerkopf
Send EmailWalking Tour: Gay Old Times: Stories ...
The hidden history of LGBT clubs, organizations, and people who impacted the Seacoast of NH. Tour guide Tom Kaufhold will take you through Portsmouth for this engaging 75-minute tour. You will pass by many beautiful historic sites and learn some important facts about Portsmouth LGBTQ+ people, places and events, including:
- How UNH and the NH Supreme Court impacted Portsmouth's LGBTQ+ community
- Who is credited with starting the modern day walking tours
- Where the first gay and women's bars were in Portsmouth
- The restaurant credited with starting Portsmouth's restaurant renaissance
- The church that supported two LGBTQ+ organizations for decades.