Walking Tour: Historic Preservation
Date and Time
Thursday May 13, 2021
2:30 PM - 4:00 PM EDT
- Offered on the second Thursday of every month at 2:30pm.
- All tours depart from Discover Portsmouth Welcome Center, 10 Middle Street, Portsmouth NH
- Private tours may be available
Portsmouth Historical Society/Discover Portsmouth
10 Middle St.
- Tours are $12 for members and $20 for non-members
- Ticket includes admission to our galleries and to John Paul Jones House.
- Reserve tickets: https://portsmouthhistory.org/walking-tours/
Robin Lurie Myerkopf
Portsmouth Advocates presents a series of guided architectural walking tours showcasing Portsmouth’s famous neighborhoods, led by local historian and Portsmouth treasure, Richard Candee. Historic preservation tours provide an excellent opportunity to dive into the details and stories that make Portsmouth and its neighborhoods unique.
- May 13, 2021: Expanding Portsmouth: The Federal West End 1790–1830
- June 10, 2021: Creation of the Victorian West End 1840–1910
- July 8, 2021: Industrial Portsmouth 1820–1920
- Aug 12, 2021: Urban Renewal & The Lost North End