Non-Profit OrganizationsTourTourism membersHistoryPicnic AreaParkingDowntown PortsmouthCruiseTourActivitiesAttractions & Activities Reopened
Programs held throughout the tidal towns of the Piscataqua. Connect our maritime history with contemporary coastal issues such as water quality, habitat restoration, conservation, and stewardship.
Sail on the Piscataqua, a traditional reproduction of the flat-bottom gundalow barges that were once prevalent along local waterways. Fun and informative, a sail is a great way to explore sights and sounds of Portsmouth, NH and Kittery, ME while sailing on the Piscataqua River. The Gundalow Company is nonprofit charitable organization dedicated to protecting our region's maritime heritage and environment through education and action.
Gundalow Company Speaker Series w/ Kevin Galeaz of the Thresher Memorial - The Loss and Legacy of the U.S.S. Thresher
- Speaker Series with Kevin Galeaz, Thresher Memorial, discussing the 1963 U.S.S. Thresher disaster.
- Tuesday Jul 27, 2021
Gundalow Speaker Series w/ Gary Hildreth, U.S. Navy Public Affairs - Portsmouth Naval Shipyard's History: A Submariner's Perspective
- Speaker Series with Gary Hildreth, USN Public Affairs, discussing the Navy Shipyard and his role as a submariner.
- Tuesday Aug 3, 2021
Gundalow Speaker Series w/ Kalle Matso, Piscataqua Region Estuaries Partnership - Seaweeds, Seagrass and Shellfish - The Out of Sight Ecology of our Estuary
- Speaker Series with Kalle Matso, Piscataqua Region Estuaries Partnership, discussing estuary ecology.
- Tuesday Aug 10, 2021
- Speaker Series with Lou Ferland, Retired Police Chief, discussing the criminal past of the Puddle Dock and Piscataqua region.
- Tuesday Aug 17, 2021
Gundalow Speaker Series w/ Emily Burke, Aliya Caldwell, & Chloe Pearson of the UNH Ecology Lab - Follow that Fish, Crab, and Bird
- Speaker series with Burke, Caldwell, Pearson of the UNH ecology lab.
- Tuesday Aug 24, 2021
Gundalow Speaker Series w/ Carol White, Fort Stark Visitor Center - Did a German Mini Sub Try to Penetrate Portsmouth Harbor in WWII?
- Speaker series with Carol White, Fort Stark Visitor Center, talking about German sub espionage around Portsmouth Harbor
- Tuesday Aug 31, 2021
Gundalow Speaker Series w/ Kevin Wade Mitchel, Historical Roleplayer - Meet Jack Stains, a "Black Jack" in Historic Old Portsmouth: A Living History Reenanctment
- Speakers series with local actor Kevin Wade Mitchell, who will provide a first person reenactment of Jack Stains, a ''black jack'' of Portsmouth's naval past.
- Tuesday Sep 7, 2021
Gundalow Speaker Series w/ Patricia Wall, Local Author of "Lives of Consequence: Blacks in Early Kittery & Berwick in the Massachusetts Province of Maine"
- Speaker series with Patrica Wall, local author, discussing her book ''Lives of Consequence'' about blacks in Seacoast History.
- Tuesday Sep 14, 2021